But the Mountain Athletics program doesn't start and end with gear. The North Face seems committed to making this new brand a fully featured training program with an online digital component and eight special events in select cities across the country to introduce the new products.
The Mountain Athletics tour looks like this
- March 9 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: SAN FRANCISCO
- March 15 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: WASHINGTON D.C.
- March 22 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: SAN FRANCISCO (PRESIDIO)
- March 29 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: BIRMINGHAM
- April 5 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: KALISPELL*
- April 12 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: DENVER*
- April 19 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: OKEMOS*
- April 26 – MOUNTAIN ATHLETICS: BOSTON*
- *Registration opens March 1
As if that wasn't enough, TNF has also launched the Mountain Athletics Training Program, an online platform to help outdoor athletes train more efficiently and effectively. The program features a six week plan that has been built to improve performance. It includes a series of videos from North Face athletes to help jump start our workouts.
I have to admit, the gear looks great and the training program sounds intriguing. I'll be interested to hear if this gear really is a leap forward for trail running and other adventure sports.